About Me

My photo
I feel like my life is ever changing. I am in a place in my life where the sky is the limit. I know that the Lord has a perfect plan and design for my life and I am walking into that season. I am finally finished with school (Masters in PR) and I have no plans to ever return. God is up to something in my life and I am so excited!

Monday, July 21, 2008

learning process.

I find myself in a place I've never been before. A place that is so unfamilar, that it hurts. An no matter how hard I fight to get out of this place, I'm still here. After many tears and many words with the Lord, I finally realized something last night. The Lord is obviously trying to teach me something. If I would just sit still and stop complaining about how bad my life is(or at least I think so), I could get through this hard process a little faster. Sometimes we spend so much time telling the Lord what we need and what we want, that we miss out on what He's trying to say to us.
The Lord knows our hearts. He knows what our innermost desires are. And because we are His children, He wants to give us our desires. But in His time frame, not ours. As humans we want everything here and now and no wait time. Its our culture to want everything quickly. Food, driving time, even times with the Lord. But its in the waiting process that you really learn from the Lord. You are able to hear His voice and really learn to love and be loved by your Father.

This is a kind of declaration for me. I don't want to hate the spot that I'm in. I want to learn as much as I can during this time so that I can help others in the future who may walk through the same things I am right now. The Lord gives us the amount of strength that we need to face the trials in our life. I am right where the Lord wants me to be, give or take some mistakes that I've made, but I know the Lord has me here. He is trying to teach me something and I would much rather stop and try to learn from Him then fight anymore.

If you find yourself in a tough spot, a place you would love to get out of, just take a minute to stop and listen. The Lord is right in the midst of it all trying to teach you something. What you learn during this time is vital to who you will become.

No comments: