About Me

My photo
I feel like my life is ever changing. I am in a place in my life where the sky is the limit. I know that the Lord has a perfect plan and design for my life and I am walking into that season. I am finally finished with school (Masters in PR) and I have no plans to ever return. God is up to something in my life and I am so excited!

Monday, July 28, 2008

Threshing Floor

Have you ever thought about the significance of the threshing floor in the bible? Tonight I was reading some out of the book of Ruth and in Ch. 3, Ruth goes and lays at the feet of Boaz on the threshing floor. I've heard this story many times before and I never really thought to look at the significance of the threshing floor. So I decided to do some research on it. Everywhere I looked i goes back to the relationship between the Bride and the Bridegroom. In Genesis it was used as a place of mourning, in 2 Samuel Uzzah was struck dead on it because he touched the Ark of Covenant, and then later on in 2 Samuel David built the temple on that same threshing floor. And of course in Ruth(3:7-9), it is where Ruth laid at Boaz' feet and she later became his wife. This is an example of the spiritual communion that we are to have with God. The threshing floor was also a place of worship, a place to separate the wheat from the chaff. When we enter the threshing floor to worship the Lord, we allow him to separate the wheat from the chaff in our own lives and allow Him to make the changes necessary. 
Every time you enter into worship think back to the threshing floor and allow the Lord to separate the things in your life that shouldn't be there anymore. 

No comments: