About Me

My photo
I feel like my life is ever changing. I am in a place in my life where the sky is the limit. I know that the Lord has a perfect plan and design for my life and I am walking into that season. I am finally finished with school (Masters in PR) and I have no plans to ever return. God is up to something in my life and I am so excited!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

L.O.V.E.

Love. We all want it and we all need it. Some give love away to easily while others hold onto it for dear life. Some people fall in love early on in life, while others must wait longer. Through it all though, we sometimes forget the true giver of love. The lover of our souls. He is what love really is.

Many of us seek a tangible love. Something we can see and feel everyday. And during the seeking process, we forget our original love. The Lord loves us each so much that He gave His one and ONLY Son for us! (John 3:16). I know that we've all heard it in Sunday School, but hearing and believing are completely different. Before we are able to be loved by another human, we have to understand our Father's love for us. Its so deep and wide that being loved by another person doesn't even compare.

I find myself wanting to find love as most girls my age do. Its just that time where everyone around me is either dating, engaged or married. Its not a bad thing to wish for these things, but when my focus is more on a man's love than God's love, things begin to get blurry. My best friend really helped me understand what I was doing wrong. I have to understand the Lord's love for me before I will ever be able to love and be loved by a man. I have to be so in love with the Lord and complete in Him that if I'm never in another relationship with a man, my relationship with the Lord will fufill everything that I need.

I choose to fall back in love with my Father, the Lover of my soul. His love will never change or fade and He will never fail me.

No comments: